Zucchini and mozzarella casserole
- 5 oz. (2⁄3 cup) 140 g (150 ml) cream cheese
- ¼ cup 60 ml
- 1 tsp 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp ½ tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 14 oz. 400 g , cut into slices
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) red onion, sliced thinlyred onions, sliced thinly
- 3 oz. (9 tbsp) 85 g (140 ml) , sliced thinly, sliced thinly
- 1½ cups (6 oz.) 350 ml (170 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter, for greasing pan
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F (170°C).
- Grease an 8 x 8" (20 x 20 cm) casserole dish with the butter.
- Add the cream cheese, cream, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to a small saucepan, over medium heat until it is melted and well combined.
- Thinly slice the zucchini, red onion, and green bell pepper, and place into three separate bowls.
- Set aside a handfull of the mozzarella into a small bowl.
- In the baking dish, place repeating layers of zucchini, red onion, green bell pepper, and mozzarella.
- Spread the cheese sauce over the vegetables, and then add the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.