Keto zucchini fries with spicy tomato mayo
- 2 lbs 900 g
- 1 cup (4 oz.) 240 ml (110 g) almond flour
- 5 oz. 140 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 2 eggeggs
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup 240 ml mayonnaise
- 1 tsp 1 tsp
- ½ tsp ½ tsp tabasco or cayenne pepper
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Mix together the ingredients for the tomato mayo and refrigerate.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Crack the eggs into a shallow bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Mix almond flour, parmesan cheese and spices in another bowl.
- Cut the zucchini into sticks. Remove the seeds (or leave them—your choice).
- Dredge the zucchini sticks in the almond flour mixture until they are completely covered. Dip them in the egg batter and then again in the almond flour mixture.
- Place the zucchini sticks on the baking sheet and drizzle on the olive oil. Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes or until the fries have browned nicely. Serve with the spicy tomato mayo.
Open your mind to all the veggie fry possibilities... asparagus, green beans, and wax beans are yummy options. All add a festive side of 'crunch' to our tasty hamburger.