Keto zucchini pizza boats with goat cheese
- 1 (7 oz.) 1 (200 g) medium-sized zucchini
- 2 2 garlic clove, sliced thinlygarlic cloves, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup 60 ml olive oil
- 1½ oz. (1½ cups) 45 g (350 ml) baby spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp unsweetened marinara sauce
- 8 oz. 230 g goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise, use a spoon to scrape out the seeds (don't throw them away!). Put the zucchini boats on a baking sheet.
- Fry the garlic in a skillet over medium heat with about half of the olive oil, until lightly browned. Add the baby spinach and zucchini seeds. Fry until soft. Season with a pinch of salt and ground black pepper.
- Spread the marinara sauce over the zucchini boats and top with the fried baby spinach and garlic. Sprinkle the goat cheese on top.
- Bake for about 20–25 minutes or until the zucchini is as tender as you prefer and the cheese has a nice golden color.
- Drizzle the zucchini boats with the rest of the olive oil and season with freshly ground black pepper before serving.
If you don't like goat cheese you can replace it with any other high fat cheese. For example, shredded cheddar or mozzarella are great options.
One garlic clove can be replaced with about 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
You can serve this dish as is or add leafy greens on the side, drizzled with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
This recipe can be made using cucumbers, if you are in a daze when you shop for the ingredients and pick up cucumbers instead of zucchini... LOL!!
It wasn’t too bad, but I suspect it would be a lot better with actual zucchini. 😏
Yes, feta and goat cheese are very similar.
You could try another squash, but they are all higher carb than zucchini/summer squash. I don't think a substitute would work as well.
Feta frequently comes from sheep.
Used 1/2 Goats feta and 1/2 Hard goat cheese (kaprakaas), really nice ! Thankyou!
One zucchini doesn’t seem like much for 2 meals.
Yes. If you don't need this to be vegetarian, you could add sausage or bacon as well.
Yes, that's correct.
all meals have been great and filling,
this one is great but not filling like the others
Step 3 addresses what to do with the seeds.
I live in France so with respect to cheese (where cheese is their culture) AND especially since it’s goat cheese (which I’ve never never really tried) I’m kind of lost...
Also, I realize this may not be the right forum to express myself but: I’ve been eating keto with intermittent fasting for about 20 days. I just absolutely love it! Have lost 8 lbs (almost 4 kg)! This is fabulous.... and I adore the recipes here 😍😛 BRAVO!
You can use any kind of goat cheese you prefer. The crumbly kind may be easier to work with.
Oxalates in general are not an issue for most people. If one has oxalate kidney stones then yes, oxalates should be minimized.