Keto zucchini pizza boats with goat cheese
- 1 (7 oz.) 1 (200 g) medium-sized
- 2 2 garlic clove, sliced thinlygarlic cloves, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup 60 ml olive oil
- 1½ oz. (1½ cups) 45 g (350 ml) baby spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp unsweetened marinara sauce
- 8 oz. 230 g goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Slice the zucchini in half, length-wise, and use a spoon to scrape out the seeds (don't throw them away!). Put the zucchini boats on a baking sheet.
- Fry the garlic in a skillet, with about half of the olive oil over medium heat, until lightly browned. Add the baby spinach and zucchini seeds. Fry until soft. Season with a pinch of salt and ground black pepper.
- Spread the marinara sauce over the zucchini boats, and top with the fried baby spinach and garlic. Sprinkle the goat cheese on top.
- Bake for about 20–25 minutes or until the zucchini is as tender as you’d prefer and the cheese has a nice golden color.
- Drizzle the zucchini boats with the rest of the olive oil and season with some freshly ground black pepper before serving.
If you don't like goat cheese you can replace it with any other high fat cheese of your liking. For example, shredded cheddar, or mozzarella is great.
One garlic clove can be replaced with about 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
You can serve this dish as it is or add some leafy greens on the side, drizzled with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.