Keto browned butter asparagus with creamy eggs
- 2 oz. 50 g butter
- 4 4 eggeggs
- 3 oz. 75 g parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup 125 ml
- cayenne pepper
- 1½ lbs 650 g green asparagus
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tbsp 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- 3 oz. 75 g butter
- Melt the butter over medium heat and add the eggs. Stir until scrambled. Cook through, but do not overcook the eggs.
- Spoon the hot eggs into a blender. Add the cheese and sour cream and blend until smooth and creamy. Add salt and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Roast the asparagus in olive oil over medium heat in a large frying pan. Add salt and pepper, remove from frying pan for now, and set aside.
- Sauté the butter in the frying pan until it is golden brown and has a nutty smell. Remove from heat, let cool, and add the lemon juice.
- Put the asparagus back into the frying pan and stir together with the butter until it gets hot.
- Serve the asparagus with the sautéed butter and the creamy eggs.
These creamy, cheesy eggs go with almost anything! Try them with fish, a nice steak, or other veggies. They even work as a topping for low-carb flatbread, breads or crackers.