Keto cauliflower mash with pancetta and sour cream
- 4 oz. 110 g pancetta, chopped
- 14 oz. 400 g cauliflower
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- ¼ cup (2⁄3 oz.) 60 ml (20 g) shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt or ground white pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- Cook the pancetta until crispy in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Transfer to a small bowl.
- While the pancetta is cooking, bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil, over high heat. Add the cauliflower and boil for 6-8 minutes until the florets are tender, yet retain a semi-firm texture. You can test this with a fork. Strain the cauliflower in a colander and discard the water.
- Mash the cauliflower, butter, and sour cream together until smooth. You can also use a food processor or an immersion blender.
- Season with white pepper and salt to taste. Fold through the parmesan, chives, and reserved crispy pancetta.
You can use thick-sliced smoked ham in place of pancetta if you wish.
Diet Doctor’s recipe team has slightly adjusted this recipe to follow our guidelines. You’ll find the original recipe at Megan Ellam's Mad Creations Hub.