Walnut crumb green beans with feta cheese
- 7 oz. 200 g
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 1 garlic clove, finely choppedgarlic cloves, finely chopped
- coarse salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp crushed walnuts, or another nut of choice
- 1½ oz. (42⁄3 tbsp) 45 g (70 ml) feta cheese or goat cheese
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Add the beans to the boiling water and cook for 1-3 minutes or until preferred doneness.
- Strain and plunge them into ice-cold water to stop them from overcooking and keep them al dente and bright green. Drain and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Add the oil, garlic, to the saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the beans to the oil; season to taste and toss to coat.
- Remove from the heat. Divide between serving plates or platter and serve topped with nuts and feta.
You can blanch the beans in boiling water, steam, or pan-fry. Using an ice bath stalls the cooking process and keeps the beans bright in color and al dente. They are just as delicious cold as they are warm.
Diet Doctor’s recipe team has slightly adjusted this recipe to follow our guidelines. You’ll find the original recipe at Megan Ellam's Mad Creations Hub.