- 12⁄3 lbs 750 g cauliflower
- 1¾ cups 425 ml heavy whipping cream
- 2 oz. 50 g butter
- 3 tablespoons 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon onion powder
- salt and ground black pepper, after taste
- 3 oz. 75 g parmesan cheese
- 3 oz. 75 g fresh spinach
- 5 oz. 150 g goat cheese
- 4 tablespoons 4 tablespoons pecans
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Rinse and trim the cauliflower and shred with the coarse side of a grater, or divide into smaller florets and pulse in a food processor until rice-sized.
- Add cream, butter, onion powder and lemon juice in a large skillet and bring to a simmer.
- Add cauliflower and simmer, stirring frequently, for 10-15 minutes. Salt and pepper.
- Add coarsely grated parmesan cheese and let melt while you mix in. Stir for a few minutes.
- Chop the spinach coarsely and combine well.
- Serve with goat cheese, pecans and a splash of olive oil!
Just like with rice, some prefer a softer texture and some like it al dente. Be sure to test the cauliflower mixture frequently and get it off the heat before it becomes too mushy.
Yes, for a vibrantly green dish, try broccoli instead of cauliflower. Pay extra attention to taking it off the heat before it turns into a mash.
Storing the dish
This dish keeps for 2-3 days in the refrigerator and reheats great in the microwave. Perfect for a lunchbox.