Prosciutto and manchego cheese grilled salad
- 1 1 large head
- 1 cup 240 ml olive oil, divided
- 3 oz. 85 g prosciutto
- 3 oz. 85 g manchego cheese
- ½ ½ lemon, juicedlemons, juiced
- 1 pinch 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Preheat the grill for 20 minutes on very low heat.
- Cut the lettuce in half. Brush the insides generously with olive oil. Place lettuce face down on the grill and grill with the lid open for a few minutes on each side. After flipping carefully, brush with some more olive oil. Grill until outer leaves are a bit charred.
- Shave the manchego cheese with a vegetable peeler or the slicing blade of a grater. Cut prosciutto into bite-sized pieces. Chop the lettuce into smaller pieces.
- In a deep bowl, combine lettuce with the rest of the olive oil. Drizzle with lemon juice, season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Top with layered cheese shavings and prosciutto pieces. Serve warm.
No barbecue prep
If you don't have a barbecue, to grill the lettuce, you can use a cast iron griddle on the stovetop.