Prosciutto and manchego cheese grilled salad
Warm salads don't get easier than this one. Or tastier. Bring on the Mediterranean flavors and embrace the summer with some Italian prosciutto and Spanish manchego cheese on a bed of crispy grilled lettuce. This keto yum is ready in 10 minutes!
- 1 (1 oz.) 1 (28 g) large head Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup 240 ml olive oil, divided
- 3 oz. 85 g prosciutto
- 3 oz. 85 g manchego cheese
- ½ ½ lemon, juicedlemons, juiced
- 1 pinch 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch ground black pepper
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat the grill for 20 minutes on very low heat.
- Cut the lettuce in half. Brush the insides generously with olive oil. Place lettuce face down on the grill and grill with the lid open for a few minutes on each side. After flipping carefully, brush with some more olive oil. Grill until outer leaves are a bit charred.
- Shave the manchego cheese with a vegetable peeler or the slicing blade of a grater. Cut prosciutto into bite-sized pieces. Chop the lettuce into smaller pieces.
- In a deep bowl, combine lettuce with the rest of the olive oil. Drizzle with lemon juice, season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Top with layered cheese shavings and prosciutto pieces. Serve warm.
Cast Iron Method
If you don't have a barbecue to grill the lettuce, you can use a cast iron griddle on the stovetop.