Green beans with garlic and almonds
- 4 4 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ lbs 650 g
- ½ tsp ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 oz. 50 g almonds, chopped
- Trim the fresh beans.
- Peel the garlic cloves and slice thinly with a sharp knife.
- Heat butter and oil in a large frying pan.
- Sauté the garlic until golden and add the beans.
- Continue frying on medium high for 3–5 minutes. Lower the heat towards the end and add chopped almonds.
- Salt and pepper to taste and serve as a side dish to meat, poultry or fish.
Fresh, thin green beans are best to use here, but you can of course use frozen beans if you can't get fresh ones. Make sure they are thawed and dry when you fry them, or the frying pan will get cold and they will be boiled instead of sautéed. You can also use yellow wax beans.