Lemon cream artichokes
- 1¾ lbs 800 g canned artichokes, drained
- 1 1 large lemonlarge lemons
- ¾ cup 180 ml
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 5 oz. 140 g freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Rinse, strain, and pat dry the artichokes. Place them in a 9” x 9” (23 x 23 cm) baking dish.
- Pour cream evenly over the artichokes. Grate the zest from the lemon and set aside.
- Juice the lemon and drizzle the juice over the cream and artichokes. Evenly sprinkle the grated parmesan over the artichokes.
- Top the dish with the lemon zest, thyme and black pepper.
- Bake for approximately 25 to 30 minutes until lightly browned and the dish has thickened.
You can use fresh, jarred, or canned artichokes; just be sure to avoid those packaged in oils. You can also add cooked shredded chicken or seafood to this dish to make it a full meal.
You can also use pecorino cheese instead of parmesan.
While fresh thyme is what makes this dish really flavorful, you can use 1 teaspoon of dried thyme.