Lemon cream artichokes
- 28 oz. 800 g canned artichokes, drained
- 1 1 large lemon
- ¾ cup 175 ml heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 cup 225 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Rinse, strain, and pat dry the artichokes. Place them in a 9” x 9” (23 x 23 cm) baking dish.
- Pour cream evenly over the artichokes. Grate the zest from the lemon and set aside.
- Juice the lemon and drizzle the juice over the cream and artichokes. Evenly sprinkle the grated parmesan over the artichokes.
- Top the dish with the lemon zest, thyme and black pepper.
- Bake for approximately 25 to 30 minutes until lightly browned and the dish has thickened.
You can use fresh, jarred, or canned artichokes just be sure to avoid those packaged in oils. You can also add cooked shredded chicken or seafood to this dish to make it a full meal.
You can also use pecorino cheese instead of parmesan.
While fresh thyme is what makes this dish really flavorful, you can use 1 teaspoon of dried thyme.