Creamy lemon green beans
- 10 oz. 280 g
- 3 oz. 85 g butter or olive oil
- ½ tsp ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup 240 ml
- ½ ½ lemon, the zestlemons, the zest
- ½ cup (¼ oz.) 120 ml (8 g) fresh parsley (optional)
- Trim and rinse the green beans.
- Heat butter or oil in a frying pan.
- Sauté the beans for 3-4 minutes over medium-high heat until they begin to brown. Lower the heat towards the end. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add heavy cream and let simmer for 1-2 minutes. Grate the lemon zest finely and sprinkle on top of the green beans before serving. (Or, you can use a knife to cut very thin strips of zest—yellow part only—and add to the dish.)
- Add finely chopped parsley before serving.
This dish is great with fresh, thin green beans, but you can also use frozen. Just make sure they are properly thawed, or the frying pan will cool down and they will taste more boiled than fried. You can also use yellow beans. Or wax beans. Delicious!