- 3¼ oz. 90 g butter
- 2⁄3 lb 300 g fresh green beans
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup 240 ml heavy whipping cream
- ½ ½ lemon, the zest
Nutrition91% Fat3% Protein5% Carbs
- Trim and rinse the green beans.
- Heat butter or oil in a frying pan.
- Sauté the beans for 3-4 minutes on medium high heat until they have turned a nice color. Lower the heat towards the end. Salt and pepper.
- Add heavy cream and let simmer for 1-2 minutes. Grate the lemon zest finely and sprinkle on top the green beans before serving.
- You can also cut out thin strips of the yellow part of the lemon peel with a sharp knife, but don’t include the white part.
- Add a handful of finely chopped cilantro before serving.
This dish is great with fresh, thin green beans, but you can also use frozen. Just make sure they are properly thawed, or the frying pan will cool down and they will be boiled, not fried. You can also use yellow beans.