White asparagus with egg vinaigrette
Asparagus is filling, high in fiber, and can act as a natural diuretic. If you want to lose weight, asparagus is great as a starter or on the side. This recipe features asparagus with a high protein egg vinaigrette. Light and low carb, this starter is perfect in the spring or summer.
- 18 oz. 500 g white asparagus or green asparagus
- 2 2 large egglarge eggs
- ½ tsp ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt or ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Peel and cut the asparagus and cut off the tough end from each spear. Bring a large pot of salty water to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook for 10 minutes. Remove the pot from heat but let the asparagus rest for two minutes so they can finish cooking. Pierce one asparagus with the tip of a knife to see if they are tender. Drain and set aside.
- Hard boil the eggs by placing them into boiling water and letting them cook for 10 minutes.
- Once the eggs are cooked, transfer them to a bowl with cold water to stop the cooking. Peel and chop the eggs and add them to the vinaigrette.
- In a bowl, combine the mustard, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, salt, and ground pepper. Whisk together until the dressing is emulsified. Add parsley.
- Place the asparagus on a serving platter or individual plates and pour the vinaigrette over the top.
As long as the asparagus doesn't have any vinaigrette, you can use an airtight food container to store it in the fridge for up to three days. Note that they will lose some texture and flavor over time.