Marinated baked cauliflower
Here's a sure-fire way to fall in love with cauliflower (as if you haven’t already!). Marinating makes this low carb darling milder and nuttier. Mmmm... for so many reasons, we can’t get enough of this!
- 1 (2 lbs) 1 (850 g) cauliflower
- 2 2 garlic clove, finely choppedgarlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp curry powder or turmeric
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ cup 120 ml unsweetened coconut milk or Greek yogurt (4% fat)
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp fresh parsley or fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 oz. 110 g melted butter or olive oil
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower. Place the entire cauliflower in a plastic bag.
- Mix together lemon juice, spices and yogurt. Pour over the cauliflower. Let sit in the fridge for at least an hour, or marinate overnight for maximum tastiness.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Remove the cauliflower from the plastic bag and place in a baking dish.
- Bake for approximately 45–60 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft inside and has a nice color on the outside.
- Pour melted butter or olive oil over the top, and sprinkle over finely chopped cilantro or parsley right before serving.
If you’re in a hurry you can split the cauliflower into halves, quarters, or even smaller sections. Just be sure to split them into roughly the same size florets so they cook evenly.
You can try it in a skillet with a lid.