- 1 lb 450 g cauliflower
- 1⁄3 cup 75 ml sour cream or crème fraîche
- ½ cup 125 ml mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp fennel seeds, crushed (optional)
- salt and ground black pepper
- Clean and chop the cauliflower into large chunks. Thinly slice all the pieces, use a mandolin or the slicer attachment in your food processor. The thinner the slices the yummier the salad!
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl. Add cauliflower and combine well.
The cauliflower should be raw but you can cook them in boiling water for 1-2 minutes if you prefer that.
You can store the salad in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. It tastes best when the flavors have had some time to get together.
Season the cauliflower slaw as you like it. If you don't like fennel seeds, you can use finely chopped fresh or dried herbs. Chili flakes and/or yellow curry can also be a nice addition.