Deviled eggs with anchovies and rosemary
These easy eggs are loaded with some serious depth of flavor. And they may just be the most delicious keto deviled eggs you’ll ever have. Anchovies make the creamy filling nice and salty and the rosemary adds a rich herbaceousness.
- 12 12 eggeggs
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp crème fraîche or sour cream
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup 60 ml olive oil, extra virgin
- ½ ½ lemon, the juice
- ¼ cup 60 ml fresh rosemary
- 1 pinch 1 pinch coarse sea salt
- 1¾ oz. 50 g anchovies fillets, each cut in half
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh chives
- 1 tsp 1 tsp paprika powder, for topping
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Fill a large bowl with ice and water. Add the eggs and cook for 8 minutes. Drain the eggs and transfer to the ice water.
- When cool, peel and cut each egg in half lengthwise. Transfer the yolks to the bowl of a food processor; refrigerate the whites.
- Add the crème fraîche, mustard, cayenne, olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary, and a pinch of salt to the food processor. Process until smooth, scraping the bowl occasionally. The mixture should be soft enough to pipe through a piping bag, but not too loose. If it’s stiff, pulse in another tablespoon of crème fraîche.
- Transfer the mixture to a piping bag or resealable plastic bag with a hole snipped in one corner.
- Arrange the egg whites cut-side up in a single layer on a serving platter. Pipe the yolk mixture into the egg white cavities. Top each with an anchovy half.
- Sprinkle with chives and paprika and served immediately, or refrigerate for up to 2 days.