Keto breakfast with fried eggs, tomato and cheese
- 2 2 eggeggs
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp butter
- 2 oz. (½ cup) 55 g (120 ml) cheddar cheese, cubed
- ½ (2 oz.) ½ (55 g) tomatotomatoes
- ½ tsp ½ tsp dried oregano (optional)
- salt and ground black pepper
- Heat butter in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Season the tomato's cut side with salt and pepper. Place the tomato, cut side down, in the frying pan.
- Crack the eggs straight into the same pan. For eggs sunny side up, leave the eggs to fry on one side. For eggs cooked over easy, flip the eggs after a few minutes and cook for another minute. For harder yolks, cook for a few more minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, place eggs, tomato and cheese on a plate. Sprinkle eggs and tomato with dried oregano for some extra color and flavor.
What to drink?
Serve with water and a cup of freshly brewed black coffee or a cup of tea.
Feel free to serve the cheese slightly warmed and melted. Just add the cubed cheese to the frying pan just before serving. Toss and stir with a wooden spoon until the outside is slightly melted.