Keto breakfast with fried eggs, tomato and cheese
- 2 2 eggeggs
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp butter
- 2 oz. (½ cup) 55 g (120 ml) cheddar cheese, cubed
- ½ (2 oz.) ½ (55 g) tomatotomatoes
- ½ tsp ½ tsp dried oregano (optional)
- salt and ground black pepper
- Heat butter in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Season the cut side of the tomato with salt and pepper. Place the tomato, cut side down, in the frying pan.
- Crack the eggs straight into the same pan. For eggs sunny side up, leave the eggs to fry on one side. For eggs cooked over easy, flip the eggs after a few minutes and cook for another minute. For harder yolks, cook for a few more minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, place eggs, tomato and cheese on a plate. Sprinkle eggs and tomato with dried oregano for some extra color and flavor.
What to drink?
Serve with water and a cup of freshly brewed black coffee or a cup of tea.
Feel free to serve the cheese slightly warmed and melted. Just add the cubed cheese to the frying pan just before serving. Toss and stir with a wooden spoon until the outside is slightly melted.
Drink very little coffee eg 3 cups a week.
We would recommend heavy cream rather than milk as it has fewer carbs and more fat.
There is only half a tomato, so the possessive is correct. Place the cut side of the tomato (the tomato's cut side) down. It took me a minute too!
Yes, you can use our dairy free meals.
Yes, that would be fine.
That's great - thank you for taking the time to let us know how you're doing.
Here is a link to our visual guide on sweeteners you may find helpful.
Here's our top weight loss guide.
hoy fue mi primer día😃
I hope you enjoyed this one!
Hi John, yes this means that the meal is skipped. Hope that helps!
It depends on how many carbs are in your meal. 100 grams of avocado is about 2 net carbs.
Thanks for your reply.
Our guides are very helpful for beginners! https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto/guides
Also, I notice that the daily carb count is around 16g a day, does that mean I can add more veg/salad to my main meals, as long as I keep within 20g of carbs each day? Thanks for your help.
When swapping meals, the carb count is the most important part. Look for a recipe with the same, or similar carb counts. The meals as given are designed to be full meals but you can experiment with adding some vegetables keeping the carb count in mind.
Hi, Patricia! I would recommend reading through our keto guides and checking out our videos section.
You may also want to join our private Facebook group! https://www.dietdoctor.com/member/facebook-group
Feel free to ask any questions you have along the way!
Hi, Jodi! All nutritional information listed is per serving.
Hi, Joy! You can certainly just use egg whites if you prefer!