- 4 4 eggeggs
- 1 cup (4 oz.) 240 ml (110 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- 1 tsp 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 oz. 85 g fresh blueberries
- ½ cup 120 ml
- 6 oz. 170 g fresh blueberries
- Pre-heat your waffle maker.
- Place all of your ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat to combine.
- Sit aside to rest for 5 minutes to let the coconut flour absorb some moisture.
- Lightly grease your waffle iron and then evenly spoon the mixture over the bottom plate, spreading it out slightly to get an even result. Close the waffle iron and cook for approx 6 minutes, depending on your waffle maker.
- Gently lift the lid when you think they’re done.
- Serve with heavy whipping cream and fresh blueberries.
When chaffles are fully cooked, they will usually release easily from the waffle iron. However, the blueberries do ooze a bit of sweet juice, causing the chaffle to stick. You may need to very gently ease them off the waffle iron with a spatula.
These chaffles are best eaten straight away but can be frozen and reheated.
Heating fresh blueberries in the microwave for a 30 or 40 seconds to a minute can make a nice, sugar-free, warm berry syrup.