Keto spring veggie and goat cheese omelet
- 4 4 large egglarge eggs
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter
- 5½ oz. 160 g green asparagus, chopped into 1" (2.5 cm) pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 oz. (1 cup) 28 g (220 ml) baby spinach
- 2 oz. 55 g goat cheese
- ½ (¼ oz.) ½ (7.5 g) , sliced, sliced
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and the cream until well combined. Set aside.
- Heat the butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat until melted. Add the asparagus and sauté until bright green and tender-crisp, about 4 minutes. Remove to a plate or a bowl, keeping the melted butter in the pan.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the pan cool down a few minutes, then pour in the egg mixture. Let cook undisturbed until the edges are set, then lift the edges gently with a spatula and let the loose eggs from the center run underneath to cook.
- Once the center is mostly set, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Then arrange the spinach and cooked asparagus over half of the open omelet. Crumble the goat cheese over with your fingers.
- Flip the other half of the omelet over and let cook another minute or two. Remove to a plate and sprinkle with scallion.
This makes one large omelet but you can split the ingredients to make 2 smaller ones. If you don’t care for goat cheese, feel free to sub cream cheese or any other cheese you love.