Keto garlic mushroom chicken thighs
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp butter
- 3 3 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- ½ lb 220 g mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1½ lbs 650 g boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp ½ tsp dried rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1¼ cups 300 ml or
- 2 oz. 55 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 5 oz. (2½ cups) 140 g (600 ml) leafy greens
- Heat butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic and fry until golden. Add mushrooms and fry until soft. Salt and pepper to taste. Remove the mushrooms from the pan and set aside.
- Combine the spices and pat the chicken thighs with the mixture. Fry in olive oil in the same pan for 6-7 minutes on each side. It might take longer time, depending on the size of the thighs. The inner temperature should be 160°F (72°C). Remove the chicken from the pan and keep warm.
- Add cream and parmesan in the same frying pan. Bring to a boil over high heat, then lower the temperature to medium high. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring continuously, until the sauce thickens. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the mushrooms, and then the chicken thighs back into the frying pan to warm. Serve with leafy greens, or a side dish of your choice.
In this recipe we used boneless, skinless chicken thigh fillets, which are slightly fattier and tastier than chicken breast. You can of course also use bone-in thighs with or without skin, chicken breast, turkey, pork fillet or pork chops. Adjust the cooking time accordingly. If using chicken thighs with skin, fry until skin is crispy and inside cooked.