Want a splash of heat and color? Coming your way with this simple keto chimichurri. This tasty sauce doubles as a marinade or topping, so it has you (and the meat!) covered, either way.
- 1 1 lemon, the juice and the zestlemons, the juice and the zest
- ½ (2½ oz.) ½ (70 g) yellow bell pepperyellow bell peppers or green bell peppergreen bell peppers
- 1 1 green chili peppergreen chili peppers
- ¾ cup 180 ml olive oil
- ½ cup (¼ oz.) 120 ml (8 g) chopped fresh parsley
- 2 2 pressed garlic clovepressed garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Wash the lemon and grate the zest. Be sure to only get the yellow part of the peel, not the white layer underneath. Squeeze the lemon juice in a bowl and add the zest.
- Split the bell pepper and chili and remove the seeds. Finely chop both and add to the bowl. Add all other ingredients.
- Mix with an immersion blender until the sauce reaches the desired consistency.
if you want good chimichurri use:
-mashed garlic (until it's oily)
-parsley (chopped and mashed)
-oregano (dry is OK)
-salt to taste.
use as much as you want of each thing. DO NOT BLEND the ingredients in blender. wait at least 15 minutes to use so the oregano soaks. It's better the next day and lasts over a week in the fridge (oil, vinegar and salt preserve the garlic and parsley).
<3 - an argentine