- 6 oz. 170 g butter
- 1 1 egg yolkegg yolks
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a small sauce pan. Pour into a small pitcher or jug with a spout and let cool.
- Mix together egg yolks and mustard in a bowl. Pour in the butter in a thin stream while beating with a hand mixer. Leave the sediment at the bottom.
- Keep beating until the mayonnaise turns thick. Add the lemon juice. Season with salt and black pepper. Serve immediately!
Store any leftovers in the fridge for later. Cold butter mayonnaise will be pretty firm, but it is an excellent spread for seed crackers.