Have the pimiento cheese as it is, or with celery or other low-carb vegetables. It can also be used for flavoring many things, like omelets, meatballs or meatloaf.
- 51⁄3 tablespoons 80 ml mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons 60 ml pimientos or pickled jalapeños, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon paprika powder or chili powder
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 oz. 110 g shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped fresh chives or fresh parsley, for decoration
- Mix together all the ingredients, except for the chives.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour, preferably two.
- Form into balls or place on serving spoons.
- Decorate with chives.
Have the pimiento cheese as it is, or with celery or other low-carb vegetables. It will keep for at least five days in the refrigerator.