Spicy keto pimiento cheese
Well, I declare...it’s the “caviar of the South!” Mix up a lip-smacking batch of this keto Southern staple for dipping veggies or spreading on just about anything. Or just eat it with a spoon!
- 1⁄3 cup 80 ml mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp pimientos or pickled jalapeños, finely chopped
- 1 tsp 1 tsp paprika powder or chili powder
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (4 oz.) 240 ml (110 g) shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped fresh chives or fresh parsley, for decoration
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Mix all the ingredients together, except for the chives.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour, preferably two.
- Form into balls or place on serving spoons.
- Decorate with chives.
Enjoy the pimiento cheese as it is, or with celery or other low-carb vegetables. Spread it on one of our low-carb tortillas or on top of some fried green tomatoes! It will keep for at least five days in the refrigerator.
Sorry but we don't want to promote to much "counting" that's why we only have the carbs in gram.
But If you feel that this is important to you then use the formula below to calculate, a bit complicated though. ;-)
(%PROTEIN / %CARB) * gram_CARB = gram_PROTEIN
(%FAT / %CARB) * 4/9 * gram_CARB = gram_FAT
You find the nutritional info by holding your mouse pointer at "Nutrition" at the end of the recipe.
We've made changes to the recipe now and we hope you will like it better.