Cottage cheese sauce with chives
- ½ cup 120 ml mayonnaise
- 4 oz. (½ cup) 110 g (120 ml) cottage cheese
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh chives or dried chives
- ¼ ¼ lemon, the zestlemons, the zest (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Using a mixer or a immersion blender, mix all ingredients until smooth. Then let the dip rest for a couple of minutes before serving so that the flavors can develop.
Vary the sauce with your favorite seasonings – pink pepper, curry, paprika or cumin? Or maybe by using flavored cottage cheese. The sauce also works excellently as a dip. You can swap the mayo for sour cream or full-fat Greek yogurt. It lasts for 4-5 days in the refrigerator and can be served as a condiment to grilled food, vegetables and salads.