- 20 oz. 600 g (1.7 liters) eggplant
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ cup 60 ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp (20 g) sesame seeds
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Cut the eggplant lengthwise. Salt the cut surface and put the salty side upwards on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the eggplant is soft. Take it out and let it cool for a while. Peel off the skin and cut the eggplant into cubes.
- Place in a bowl with oil, lemon juice, pepper and cumin. Blend to a smooth consistency and season to taste. Set aside.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of sesame seeds to a hot and dry frying pan and toast for a minute or two, stirring often. Serve the dip in a bowl with the toasted seeds, sea salt and olive oil on top.
Try it with our vegetarian halloumi cheese burger without bread. If you don't like cumin, try paprika!