Eggplant at its yummiest. Slice, roast, and blend with olive oil, spices, and a touch of lemon. That's it! Try it as a low-carb dip for veggies or a topping for burgers and sandwiches. Terrific both ways!
- 11⁄3 lbs 600 g eggplant
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 tablespoons 60 ml olive oil
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Cut the eggplant lengthwise. Salt the cut surface and put the salty side upwards on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the eggplant is soft. Take it out and let it cool for a while. Peel off the skin and cut the eggplant into cubes.
- Place in a bowl with oil, lemon juice, pepper and cumin. Blend to a smooth consistency and season to taste. Set aside.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of sesame seeds to a hot and dry frying pan and toast for a minute or two, stirring often. Serve the dip in a bowl with the toasted seeds, sea salt and olive oil on top.
Try it with our vegetarian halloumi cheese burger without bread. If you don’t like cumin, try paprika!