- 7 oz. 200 g butter
- 1 (½ oz.) 1 (15 g) , finely chopped, finely chopped
- 2 2 garlic clove, finely choppedgarlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh horseradish, grated
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp 1 tsp paprika powder
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 pinch 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Add the remaining ingredients, except for the cream, and whisk together.
- Before serving, whisk in the cream until the sauce thickens. You can also use an immersion blender at this stage.
1. Crack one egg into a high and narrow mixing bowl or large glass measuring cup or beaker.
2. While using an immersion blender in one hand, use the other hand to slowly pour the butter sauce into the bowl containing the egg (pour the butter in a thin steady stream while you keep blending).
Note that the lowest layer is supposed to get creamy before you bring up the blender to the next layer. The sauce is ready when it's thick and fluffy.