- 7 oz. 200 g butter
- 1 (½ oz.) 1 (15 g) , finely chopped, finely chopped
- 2 2 garlic clove, finely choppedgarlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh horseradish, grated
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp 1 tsp paprika powder
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 pinch 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Melt the butter for the sauce in a saucepan over low heat. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until the sauce thickens.
1. Crack one egg into a high and narrow mixing bowl or large glass measuring cup or beaker.
2. While using an immersion blender in one hand, use the other hand to slowly pour the butter sauce into the bowl containing the egg (pour the butter in a thin steady stream while you keep blending).
Note that the lowest layer is supposed to get creamy before you bring up the blender to the next layer. The sauce is ready when it's thick and fluffy.
This vibrant sauce tastes delicious on vegetables, fish, seafood, poultry, and all types of meat!