Creamy and light. A French emulsion of avocado oil goodness, with just the right blend of garlic, lemon and chili. Wonderful with grilled seafood, veggies and salads… or use it as a sandwich spread. Bon appétit!
- 1 1 egg yolkegg yolks
- 2 2 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- ¾ cup 180 ml avocado oil, or other flavorless oil of your choice or light olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- Press the garlic into a bowl. Add the egg yolk and mix well.
- Add the oil in a thin stream while continuously whisking vigorously by hand or with a hand blender.
- Whisk the yogurt and spices. Taste. If you feel the need, add some more salt or lemon juice and garlic—it’s up to you and your taste buds!
The secret to this amazing aioli is to use a high-quality avocado oil or light olive oil and a creamy yogurt that will delicately balance the flavors. This blend will keep for 4–5 days in the refrigerator.