- 4½ oz. 125 g butter, at room temperature
- 2 2 shallot, finely choppedshallots, finely chopped
- 2 oz. 50 g bacon, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tsp 1 tsp tomato paste
- Fry shallots and bacon in 1 tablespoon of butter for about 5 minutes.
- Let cool and combine with the rest of the butter, tomato paste and basil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Form the butter into a roll in parchment paper or store in a small bowl. Put in the fridge for about half an hour so that it solidifies.
Feel free to make a big batch and store it in an airtight container in the fridge. It should last for a couple of weeks. Or freeze it to use at a later time.