Have you heard? Everything’s better with bacon! And butter. This spicy combo pairs perfectly with a juicy steak, chicken, or grilled vegetables. Mmmm. Go for it!
- 4½ oz. 130 g butter, at room temperature
- 2 (2 oz.) 2 (60 g) shallot, finely choppedshallots, finely chopped
- 2 oz. 55 g bacon, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tsp 1 tsp tomato paste
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Fry shallots and bacon in a frying pan on medium-high heat until the bacon is crispy.
- Let cool and combine with the butter, tomato paste, and basil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Feel free to make a big batch and store it in the fridge. It will stay fresh for at least one week.
Tastes good though but I wish it did look like a paste like in that picture.
I am glad you enjoyed the taste of the butter! This recipe requires at least 30 minutes set up time in the refrigerator for the appropriate consistency. If your butter was melted rather than softened, it may take longer.
I can see how adding a LOT more tomato paste could change the color to something close to the picture but otherwise I'm pretty sure these instructions and/or amounts are not accurate.
I suspect that the color in the photo is due to the lights, filters and post production. Look how green the basil is. Obviously the pic has been super saturated to intensify the colors.