Have you heard? Everything’s better with bacon! And butter. This spicy combo of the two is amazing on fish and chicken. Mmmm. Go for it!
- 4¼ oz. 120 g butter
- 2 2 shallotshallots
- 2 oz. 60 g bacon
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp tomato paste
- Peel and chop the shallots finely. Cut the bacon into small pieces.
- Fry shallots and bacon in 1 tablespoon of butter for about 5 minutes.
- Let cool and combine with the rest of the butter, tomato paste and finely chopped basil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Form the butter into a roll in parchment paper or store in a small bowl. Put in the fridge for about half an hour so that it solidifies.
Feel free to make a big batch and store it in an airtight container in the fridge. It should last for a couple of weeks. Or freeze it to use at a later time.