Low carb pumpkin soup
- 2 (2 oz.) 2 (60 g) shallotshallots
- 2 2 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 10 oz. 280 g pumpkinpumpkins
- 10 oz. 280 g
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups 475 ml vegetable stock
- 8 oz. 230 g butter
- ½ ½ lime, the juicelimes, the juice
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Peel the pumpkin and cut the flesh into cubes. Do the same with the rutabaga. Peel the shallot and cut into wedges. Peel the garlic cloves.
- Put everything in a baking dish. Add olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes. As an alternative, you can also fry on medium heat in a large pan until the pumpkin and the turnip are soft.
- Place the roasted vegetables in a pot. Add vegetable stock or water, and bring to a boil. Let simmer for a couple of minutes. Remove from the stove.
- Add the butter, divided into cubes. Mix the soup with a hand blender. Add lime juice, herbs, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the soup with mayonnaise, roasted pumpkin seeds or our delicious parmesan croutons.
Make it spicy! Chili, cumin and other spices all pair beautifully with this soup. Freshly grated ginger, added a few minutes before serving, also brings a whole new depth of flavor.