Keto goat cheese with blackberries and roasted pistachios
- 20 oz. 550 g goat cheese
- 9 oz. 250 g fresh blackberries
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp (13 g) erythritol (optional)
- 1 pinch 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 oz. 30 g pistachio nuts
- fresh rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Combine blackberries, cinnamon and sweetener, if using. Set aside.
- Bake the goat cheese in the oven for about 10 to 12 minutes or until it gets some color. Remove and let sit for a few minutes.
- Roughly chop the pistachios and roast them in a dry frying pan. Season with salt.
- Top the goat cheese with blackberry, roasted pistachio and rosemary.
Blackberries are so tasty and sweet that you may not need any sweetener, especially when combined with the cinnamon.
Feel free to substitute the blackberries with raspberries. If the berries are not juicy enough, microwave them for about 30 seconds.
Pistachios are a good source of protein, healthy fat and fiber, as well as antioxidant and minerals. About 50 pistachios have about 5 grams of net carbs, and are an especially good source for vitamin B6 and potassium. Shelled, raw pistachios can be bought in bulk and are perfect for toasting in this recipe, if you do not want to shell your own.
Goat cheese comes in many varieties and ages. The best goat cheese for warming or roasting are the "semi-ripened" varieties, sometimes labelled soft-ripened goat cheese or semi-aged goat cheese. It has a very light rind on the outside and soft center.
If semi-ripened goat cheese is hard to find, you can use brie, camembert or other soft cheeses with a rind.