Keto curry chicken with coconut and lime
- 2 2 stalks of lemon grass
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp curry powder
- 20 oz. 600 g chicken thighs, boneless
- 1 1 leekleeks
- 1 1 thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger
- 2 2 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 1 1 red bell pepper, slicedred bell peppers, sliced
- ½ ½ red chili pepper, finely choppedred chili peppers, finely chopped
- 14 oz. 400 g coconut cream
- Crush the rough part of the lemongrass with the broad side of a knife or a pestle.
- Cut the chicken into coarse pieces.
- Gently heat the coconut oil in a wok or a large frying pan.
- Grate the ginger and fry together with the lemongrass and curry.
- Add half of the chicken and sauté over medium heat until the strips are golden. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Set aside and fry the rest of the chicken in the same way, perhaps add a little more curry for the second batch. The lemon grass can remain in the pan.
- Now it's time to slice leaks into pieces and sauté them in the same pan together with the other vegetables and finely chopped garlic. The vegetables should turn golden, but retain their crispiness.
- Add the coconut cream and chicken and let simmer for 5–10 minutes until everything is warm.
Did you know you can store ginger in the freezer? Just wash it really well, dry it, and you can grate it still frozen with the clean skin on!