Meet your gorgeous new go-to condiment: pickled red onions! Use this bright, crispy goodness to enhance anything savory. Top off tacos, burgers, salads, and sandwiches with this colorful new fave! Mmmm... we can’t get enough!
- 3 3 red onionred onions
- 8 tablespoons 120 ml water
- 8 tablespoons 120 ml white vinegar 5%
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon salt
- Stir together the pickling liquid in a glass jar or a metal container. Slice the onions thinly, with a very sharp knife and add to the pickling liquid.
- Let sit for 30 minutes or until you think the onion is thoroughly pickled. Remove the liquid and store in the refrigerator.
- Quick-pickled onion will keep for 4-5 days in the refrigerator.