Low-carb bacon cheeseburger wraps
Take your favorite fast food meal and make it low carb and healthy simply by wrapping it in lettuce. I used my favorite cheeseburger and turned it into a quick, easy low carb dinner recipe.
- 7 oz. 200 g bacon
- 4 oz. 110 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1½ lbs 650 g ground beef
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 cup 225 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1 iceberg lettuce, leaves separated and washed
- In a large skillet, cook bacon to desired crispness. Remove from the pan and set aside. Leave the grease in the pan.
- Add mushrooms to pan and sauté until browned and tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Sauté until beef is cooked through, about 10 minutes, breaking up chunks with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Spoon ground beef into lettuce leaves, sprinkle with cheddar cheese and top with bacon and mushrooms.
About this recipe
This recipe was originally posted on "A sweet life". Reposted with permission.