Keto jalapeño popper chaffles
- 4 4 eggeggs
- 8 oz. 225 g (1 cup equals 4 oz) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped (save some for garnish)
- ½ cup 125 ml cream cheese, softened
- ½ tsp ½ tsp garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 1 1 scallion, chopped finelyscallions, chopped finely
- ½ cup 125 ml bacon, chopped and cooked
- 2 2 fresh jalapeño, seeded and slicedfresh jalapeños, seeded and sliced
- ½ ½ scallion, chopped for garnishscallions, chopped for garnish
- Pre-heat your waffle maker.
- Place all of your ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat to combine.
- Lightly grease your waffle iron and then evenly spoon the mixture over the bottom plate, spreading it out slightly to get an even result.
- Close the waffle iron and cook for approx 6 minutes, depending on your waffle maker.
- Gently lift the lid when you think they’re done.
- While the waffles cook, place the cream cheese, garlic and spring onions into a bowl and beat well to combine.
- Add most of the bacon, retaining some for garnish and stir through.
- When waffles are ready, top with a big spoonful of cream cheese, sliced jalapeño to taste and the remaining chopped chives and bacon.
A large waffle maker takes 6 minutes and a mini waffle maker about 3 minutes per waffle.
These chaffles are best eaten straight away but can be frozen and reheated
Instead of fresh jalapeños, you can use pickled jalapeños for equal deliciousness.