Keto holiday turkey meatballs
- 2 oz. 55 g butter, divided
- 4 oz. (2⁄3 cup) 110 g (160 ml) or red onion, finely choppedred onions, finely chopped
- 1¾ lbs 800 g ground turkey
- 1 1 eggeggs
- 1½ tsp 1½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground allspice
- Heat up a large frying pan with half of the butter on medium-high heat. When hot, add the chopped onion. Fry until soft.
- In a big bowl, mix the ground turkey with the fried onion, egg, and spices.
- Form the meat mixture into balls, about 1" (3 cm) each. It helps to keep your hands damp while forming the balls.
- Add the rest of the butter to the hot frying pan. Place the meatballs in the pan in a single layer making sure they don't touch. You might need to fry them in batches depending on the size of the pan. Fry until browned on all sides.
To make the meatballs even juicier you can add some mayonnaise (about 2 tbsp) or bacon fat into the meat mixture. It will be a bit more challenging to make them completely round but they sure will taste fantastic.
How to bake meatballs in the oven
Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Place the meatballs in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving space between the meatballs.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until browned and juices run clear.