Spicy almond and seed mix with a touch of fennel/cumin. Great as a snack or as a topping for salads and soups. Guaranteed to be additive free.
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 cup 225 ml almonds
- 1⁄3 cup 75 ml pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄3 cup 75 ml sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon ground cumin or fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon chili paste
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon salt
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the chili first.
- Add almonds and seeds. Stir thorougly.
- Salt and sauté for a few minutes more, but pay attention as almonds and seeds are very heat sensitive. The oil should be hot enough for the spice flavors to develop, but the almonds and seeds should not be burned.
- Let cool and store in a glass jar.
- Serve as a snack or as a crispy flavor enhancer in salads or as a topping with our cauliflower soup.