Spicy almond and seed mix
A delightful spicy almond, seed mix with a touch of fennel and cumin. Great as a snack or as a topping for salads and soups, and it's made from scratch so it's guaranteed to be additive free.
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 5 oz. (1 cup) 140 g (230 ml) almonds
- 4 oz. (4⁄5 cup) 110 g (200 ml) pumpkin seeds
- 4 oz. (¾ cup) 110 g (190 ml) sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp ground cumin or crushed fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp chili paste
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the chili first.
- Add almonds and seeds. Stir thorougly.
- Salt and sauté for a few minutes more, but pay attention as almonds and seeds are very heat sensitive. The oil should be hot enough for the spice flavors to develop, but the almonds and seeds should not be burned.
- Let cool and store in a glass jar.
- Serve as a snack or as a crispy flavor enhancer in salads or as a topping with our cauliflower soup.
You can use either! Whichever you can get easiest locally.
That's going to vary from person to person but too many nuts at once can be problematic so use caution!
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you liked the recipe and sharing your modifications.