Spicy almond and seed mix
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 5 oz. (1 cup) 140 g (230 ml) almonds
- 4 oz. (4⁄5 cup) 110 g (200 ml) pumpkin seeds
- 4 oz. (¾ cup) 110 g (190 ml) sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp ground cumin or crushed fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp chili paste
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the chili first.
- Add almonds and seeds. Stir thorougly.
- Salt and sauté for a few minutes more, but pay attention as almonds and seeds are very heat sensitive. The oil should be hot enough for the spice flavors to develop, but the almonds and seeds should not be burned.
- Let cool and store in a glass jar.
- Serve as a snack or as a crispy flavor enhancer in salads or as a topping with our cauliflower soup.