Tuna stuffed avocado
- 2 (14 oz.) 2 (400 g) avocado, halved lengthwise, pit removed (see tip)avocados, halved lengthwise, pit removed (see tip)
- 5 oz. 140 g tuna in water, drained
- ¼ cup 60 ml mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- 1 (1½ oz.) 1 (40 g) celery stalk, finely choppedcelery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 oz. (2¾ tbsp) 28 g (40 ml) red onion, finely choppedred onions, finely chopped
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix together the tuna, mayonnaise, celery, and onion, until well combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- For serving, top each avocado half with equal amounts of tuna filling, and garnish with chives.
Make a slice in the bottom of the base of each avocado half to make it more stable on your plate.
The filling stays fresh in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for at least four days. Avocado halves may brown slightly around the edges.
Instead of tuna, you can also use chopped cooked chicken, ham, or salmon to make this delicious on-the-go keto breakfast.