Keto crispy baked chicken with BBQ mayo
- 1⁄3 cup (1¼ oz.) 80 ml (32 g) coconut flour
- 1 tsp 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 lbs 900 g chicken thighs (bone-in with skin)
- ¾ cup 180 ml mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp ½ tsp smoked paprika powder
- salt and pepper
- 4 oz. (32⁄3 cups) 110 g (850 ml) baby spinach
- 2 (10 oz.) 2 (280 g) green bell pepper, slicedgreen bell peppers, sliced
- ½ (2 oz.) ½ (55 g) red onion, slicedred onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (200°C). Combine coconut flour and spices in a plastic bag.
- Place the chicken in the bag and shake gently to properly cover with the flour and spices.
- Place the chicken skin side up in a greased baking dish. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Use a meat thermometer if you're unsure; the internal temperature in the thighs should be 165°F (74°C).
- While the chicken is baking, chop the ingredients for the salad and prepare the sauce by mixing all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Serve the chicken on top of the salad with a dollop of the BBQ-mayo.
Air fryer instructions
Preheat the air fryer to 425°F (220°C).
Follow the recipe as written, but instead of baking the chicken thighs in the oven, place them in the air fryer for 20-24 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
If you feel like further customizing this dish, here are some more yummy low carb sauces and condiments to play around with.
Is Kcal the same as calories...? I'm sorry, math is not my strong point and I just want to make sure. So ONE serving is 1048 calories?
I so appreciate everything this site does and how accommodating it is. My main concern is I never know what a serving is. There are 4 servings but what does that mean in terms of quantity? This is my biggest challenge with the recipes on here.
Like one serving is 100 grams of chicken, 3 grams of sauce, 3 grams of spinach etc. That would be SO helpful for math challenged and time strapped people like me. :)
You can change the serving size to 1 in the drop down menu to get individual serving nutritional info.
But in almost all cases it should work to change the serving size to one.