Low-carb curry chicken with cauliflower rice
- 15 oz. 450 g chicken thighs, boneless
- 8 oz. 225 g broccoli
- 3½ oz. 100 g fresh green beans
- 1 1 yellow onion, finely choppedyellow onions, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 27 oz. 750 g coconut cream or coconut milk
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 1 red chili pepper, finely chopped or gratedred chili peppers, finely chopped or grated
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 25 oz. 750 g cauliflower
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- 3 oz. 90 g butter or coconut oil
- ½ tsp ½ tsp turmeric (optional)
- Melt butter or coconut oil in a pan.
- Fry finely chopped onion, ginger and chili pepper until they become fragrant and softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add curry paste and chicken. Fry until chicken is light brown (5–10 minutes). Add more butter or oil if needed.
- Chop broccoli and green beans and add to the pan.
- Add the coconut cream or milk—only the solid part; discard most of the excess liquid (or save it to make smoothies)—season and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- While the chicken is simmering, prepare the low-carb cauliflower rice.
- Using a grater or food processor fitted with a metal blade, grate the entire cauliflower head, including the stem.
- Melt butter or coconut oil in a skillet. Add the cauliflower rice and cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes, or until the rice has softened a bit.
- Add salt and optional turmeric while frying.
- You can also cook the rice in the microwave. Put the rice in a glass bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave it for 5-6 minutes. Mix in the butter or coconut oil and let it melt.
Sunny turmeric is loaded with health benefits, and makes food look irresistible. But it’s not the only spice you can invite to the party. Try an herbed salt, curry powder, or paprika to mix it up!