Keto zucchini pizza casserole
- 2 2 medium zucchini, shredded
- 2 2 eggeggs
- 4 oz. 110 g cream cheese
- 4 oz. 110 g parmesan cheese, shredded
- 8 oz. 225 g mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 lb 450 g ground fresh sausage
- 6 oz. 175 g bacon, chopped
- 7 oz. 200 g unsweetened marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Squeeze excess moisture out of the grated zucchini using towel.
- Combine zucchini, eggs, cream cheese, parmesan, and half the mozzarella in bowl. Pour into greased 9x13 (23x33 cm) casserole pan or casserole dish lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While zucchini mixture bakes, cook sausage and bacon with onion in a frying pan until meat is browned.
- Spread a layer of unsweetened marinara sauce over the cooked zucchini crust, then distribute evenly the sausage and bacon mixture. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Return to oven and bake another 10 to 15 minutes until cheese is browned and bubbly.
The crust layer can be baked ahead and frozen, then topped later for a quick and easy meal. Or make the entire pizza casserole in advance, freeze it, and re-warm for a super fast meal on a busy night.
Read the labels carefully on the bottled marinara sauce as unwanted sugars can sneak in. However, a number of companies are recognizing the growing demand for products without sugar. Look for simple labels with tomatoes, garlic, basil and spices.