- 2 2 eggeggs
- 2 2 egg whiteegg whites
- 6 oz. 170 g cream cheese
- 1½ tsp 1½ tsp (4 g) ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp (8 g) coconut flour
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- 5 oz. 150 g grated Mexican cheese
- 1 oz. 30 g leafy greens
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil, for frying
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Beat the eggs and egg whites together until fluffy. Add the cream cheese and continue to beat until the batter is smooth.
- Combine the salt, psyllium husk powder and coconut flour in a small bowl and mix well. Add the flour mixture into the batter while beating. When combined, let the batter sit for a few minutes. It should be thick like pancake batter. Your brand of psyllium husk powder affects this step — be patient… If it does not thicken enough, add some more.
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet. Use a spatula to spread the batter over the parchment paper into a big square (if you want round tortillas you can fry them in a frying pan like pancakes).
- Bake on the upper rack for about 5–7 minutes. The tortilla turns a little brown around the edges when done. Keep your eye on the oven—don’t let these tasty creations burn on the bottom!
- Cut the big tortilla into smaller pieces (6 pieces per baking sheet).
- Heat a small, non-stick skillet. Add oil (or butter) if desired. Put a tortilla in the frying pan and sprinkle with cheese, a handful of leafy greens and sprinkle with some more cheese, and top with another tortilla. Fry each quesadilla for about a minute on each side. You’ll know it’s done when the cheese melts.