Nutrition73% Fat24% Protein3% Carbs
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Beat the eggs and egg whites together until fluffy. (2-3 minutes with a mixer should do the trick.) Add the cream cheese and continue to beat until the batter is smooth.
- Combine the salt, psyllium husk powder, and coconut flour in a small bowl and mix well. Add this flour mixture one spoonful at a time into the batter while beating. When combined, let the batter sit for a few minutes. It should be thick like pancake batter. Your brand of psyllium husk powder affects this step — be patient… If it does not thicken enough, add more powder next time.
- Place parchment paper on two baking sheets. Pour three circles on each sheet, for a total of six tortillas. Use a spatula to spread the batter into thin, ¼ inch thick rounds. Each tortilla should be about 5″ across.
- Bake on the upper rack for about 5 minutes. The tortillas turn a little brown around the edges when done. Keep your eye on the oven—don’t let these tasty creations burn on the bottom!
- Place three tortillas on a large cutting board. Spoon half the grated cheese on the tortillas.
- Add a handful of leafy greens, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and top with another tortilla.
- Heat a small, non-stick skillet. Add oil (or butter) if desired. Fry each quesadilla for about a minute on each side. You’ll know it’s done when the cheese melts.
- Cut quesadillas into wedges and serve.