Nutrition73% Fat24% Protein3% Carbs
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Whisk the eggs and egg whites fluffy and continue to whisk with a hand mixer, preferably for a few minutes. Add cream cheese and continue to whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Mix salt, psyllium husk and coconut flour in a small bowl. Add the flour mix one spoon at a time into the batter and continue to whisk some more. Let the batter sit for a few minutes, or until the batter is thick like an American pancake batter. How fast the batter will swell depends on the brand of psyllium husk – some trial and error might be needed.
- Bring out two baking sheets and place parchment paper on each. Using a spatula, spread the batter thinly (no more than ¼ inch thick) into 6 circles.
- Bake on upper rack for about 5 minutes or more, until the tortilla turns a little brown around the edges. Carefully check the bottom side so that it doesn’t burn.
- Place three tortilla breads on a large cutting board or directly on the kitchen counter. Place half the cheese on the tortillas.
- Add some leafy greens on top, sprinkle the rest of the cheese and add the remaining tortilla breads.
- Heat a small frying pan with or without oil. Roast for about a minute on each side so that the bread turns a nice color and the cheese melts.
- Divide into pieces and serve immediately as a snack or appetizer.