- 6 oz. 170 g canned roasted red peppers, drained
- 4 (2½ oz.) 4 (70 g) cherry tomatoes
- 3 oz. (92⁄3 tbsp) 85 g (140 ml) almonds
- ¼ cup (½ oz.) 60 ml (15 g) fresh parsley
- ¼ cup 60 ml olive oil
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender or food processor. Add more oil if you prefer a thinner sauce.
- That's all, enjoy!
Romesco is a red pepper-based sauce that originated from Tarragona, Catalonia. It's lovely with grilled meat, salads, fish and egg dishes. Why not let it have its debut with our delicious pork chops with roasted fennel? Dinner plans sorted!
You can store the leftovers in the refrigerator up to 3-4 days or in the freezer up to one month.
If you have time, you can roast your own peppers. Nothing beats the homemade version, it will be fresh and even tastier! Wash the pepper, cut in half, remove the seeds and stems. Place them on a sheet pan, drizzle with some olive oil and roast in the oven or on the barbecue on really high heat until the skin gets wrinkly and properly charred. Allow to cool for a while, otherwise you can burn your fingers. Peel off the skin and follow the instructions above.