- ½ cup 125 ml pre-soaked cashew nuts, drained
- ½ cup 125 ml diced celery stalkdiced celery stalks
- ½ cup 125 ml watercress leaves
- ½ cup 125 ml sliced cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 5 oz. 150 g Romaine lettuce (5 large, crisp leaves)
- ¼ cup 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 1 tsp 1 tsp fine salt
- 1 cup 225 ml chicken broth
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Enjoy right away.
Soaking the cashews in water with a pinch of salt for 3 hours minimized the phytic acid in them, making them easier to digest.
If you can’t eat cashews, use half of a ripe avocado instead.
My mother used to make a raw, vegan green gazpacho at her restaurant in Miami, Florida. This is the perfect way to for those who struggle with getting eating vegetables to get nutrition in their bodies. Because the vegetables are blended, not juiced, you get all the beneficial fiber. The thick consistency of the soup also helps kickstart digestion as you consume it, giving it a slight chew. This liquid lunch won’t spike your blood sugar, but it will deliver a delicious dose of essential nutrients!