- 2½ oz. (½ cup) 70 g (120 ml) pre-soaked cashew nuts, drained
- ¾ cup (22⁄3 oz.) 180 ml (75 g) diced celery stalkdiced celery stalks
- 1 oz. (¾ cup) 28 g (200 ml) watercress leaves
- 3 oz. 85 g sliced cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 5 oz. (3 cups) 140 g (700 ml) Romaine lettuce
- ¼ cup 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 1 tsp 1 tsp fine salt
- 1 cup 240 ml chicken broth or vegetable stock
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Enjoy right away.
Soaking the cashews in water with a pinch of salt for 3 hours minimizes the phytic acid in them, making them easier to digest.
If you can’t eat cashews, use half of a ripe avocado instead.
This is the perfect way to for those who struggle with getting eating vegetables to get nutrition in their bodies. Because the vegetables are blended, not juiced, you get all the beneficial fiber.
The thick consistency of the soup also helps kickstart digestion as you consume it, giving it a slight chew. This liquid lunch won’t spike your blood sugar, but it will deliver a delicious dose of essential nutrients!
Recommended special equipment
The cashews make it creamier.