Pancakes with savory cream-cheese topping
- 8 oz. 225 g cream cheese or ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp green pesto or red pesto
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ ½ red onion, thinly slicedred onions, thinly sliced
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- 5 5 eggeggs
- 9 oz. 250 g (275 ml) cottage cheese
- 1 pinch 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp (10 g) ground psyllium husk powder
- butter or coconut oil, for frying
- Mix cream cheese, 1 tablespoon olive oil and pesto. Set aside.
- Mix eggs, cottage cheese, salt and psyllium husk powder with a hand blender into a smooth batter. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat a couple of tablespoons butter or olive oil in a large frying pan on medium heat. Put a few dollops of the cottage cheese batter, maximum 2–3 inches in diameter, in the pan and fry the pancakes for a few minutes on each side.
- Serve with a generous amount of cream cheese mixture and a few red onion slices. Top with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle the remaining olive oil on top.
If you don't have any pesto at home, you can add flavor to the cream cheese with other things, like finely chopped chives, fresh herbs or smoked fish roe.