Bacon-wrapped jalapeño poppers
- 1 tsp 1 tsp olive oil
- 8 oz. 230 g ground turkey
- 1 tsp 1 tsp taco seasoning
- 12 12 fresh jalapeñofresh jalapeños
- 8 oz. (1 cup) 230 g (240 ml) cream cheese
- 2 oz. (½ cup) 55 g (120 ml) cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 12 (12 oz.) 12 (325 g) bacon strips
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add olive oil to a small skillet over medium heat. Add the ground turkey and taco seasoning and fry until cooked through, breaking it up as you go. Set aside to cool.
- Cut a slit into the jalapeños along the entire length of the pepper, and remove the seeds. Set aside.
- Combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and cooked ground turkey in a bowl. Fill the jalapeños with the mixture.
- Wrap the bacon strips diagonally around each stuffed jalapeño. Place on the prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until the bacon is crisp. There are two jalapeño poppers per serving.
To reduce the jalapenos' spiciness, remove the stem and the white ribs to which the seeds are attached.
Wear food-safe gloves when working with chili peppers, or ensure you thoroughly wash your hands after handling them. You don't want to touch your face with any chili residue on them!
If you're not a fan of spicy foods, you can use pimientos de Padrón instead of jalapeños.
Air fryer method
Follow steps 2-5 of the recipe.
Preheat the air fryer to 375°F (190°C) and air fry for 10-12 minutes until crispy.
We hope you love them! Let us know what you think!