Turkey and stuffing aren’t the same without their soul mate: cranberry sauce. With this sugar-free version, cinnamon and sweet apples bring out the berries’ delicate flavor. Wonderfully delicious. Gobble gobble!
- 1 lb 450 g frozen cranberries
- 1 cup 240 ml unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 teaspoons 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Put spices, berries and apple sauce in a pan. Bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and let simmer for 5 minutes. Serve with turkey and stuffing.
If you can’t find apple sauce without added sugar you can grate a couple of apples instead. You can also use fresh cranberries instead of frozen. You can also top it off with a bit of orange or lemon zest!