- 4 4 egg yolkegg yolks
- 2 tsp 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 10 oz. 280 g butter
- salt and pepper
- Crack the eggs and separate the egg yolks into a heat-resistant bowl. Save the egg whites for something else, for example a tortilla bread.
- Mix white-wine vinegar, onion powder and tarragon in a separate small bowl.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan without letting it turn brown.
- Slowly beat in the butter one drop at a time into the egg yolks and continue to whisk, increase the pace into a thin stream as the sauce thickens. Continue to whisk until all the butter has been added. The white milk protein that has accumulated at the bottom of the pan should not be included.
- Add the vinegar and tarragon mixture. Stir together, salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
A béarnaise sauce will separate if it gets too hot. The safest way to prevent this is to use a double boiler. Don't have one? Then simmer water in a pot and remove from the heat. Adjust the water level in the pot so that you can lower the heat-proof bowl with the finished béarnaise sauce into the pot to keep it warm (without letting the hot water touch the bowl).
For Shiro, here are the measurements for 1 serving:
1 egg yolks
1/2 teaspoon white-wine vinegar
small pinch onion powder
1/2 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
2 – 2 1/2 oz. (60 – 75 g) butter
Salt and pepper
I think it is not a good food for those that have stomach reflex!
Add everything BUT the butter to a blender and give it a quick pulse or two to mix...
Put the butter in a microwave safe coffee mug and heat in 30 second intervals until butter is boiling...
Turn blender on and drizzle boiling hot butter into the egg yolks mixture...the boiling eggs cooks the egg yolks without overcooking them...perfect every time...
Another alternative is to use a hand blender and a taller vessel to hold the egg mixture...
Follow the same procedure...blend vigorously while drizzling the boiling butter into the yolks mixture...
I really need these super duper high fat sauces because my "sweet spot" is 80% cals from fat, 15% protein, and only 5% carbs.
All medications have negative side effects either immediately or long term. Do not turn to them! When your body gets used to you eating good fats and low/no carbs, you will not be so hungry for snacks. I suggest cutting out snacks all together and eat only when you are hungry (not when you are bored, or sad or ...) The ketogenic diet is a lifestyle - for a long healthy energetic life! Diet pills are not healthy and do not work long term. The keto diet does work and this is why it is so tremendously popular! If you have to have snacks once in awhile, Raw brazil or pecan nuts are the best for keto.
I am sorry you did not enjoy this one.