Spice up almost anything with color and a punch of flavor! Whip up a batch of salsa verde and experience enhanced pork, poultry, and fish. But wait, there's more... It gives a huge boost to salads, cooked veggies, and egg dishes, too!
- ½ cup 125 ml finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil or fresh cilantro
- 2 2 crushed garlic clovecrushed garlic cloves
- ½ ½ lemon, the juice
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons small capers
- ¾ cup 175 ml olive oil
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add all of the ingredients to a deep bowl and mix with an immersion blender until the sauce has the desired consistency.
- Store the sauce in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days or in the freezer.
We love drizzling over a bun-free burger with tomato and avocado! Olé!
Salsa verde adds the finishing touch to this nice everyday recipe— pork skewers with cauli mash and salsa verde.