Simple, pure ingredients combine in this creamy condiment that’s got zest for days. The perfect complement to salads, omelets, and Italian cold cuts such as proscuitto, pancetta, capicola, mortadella. Mmmm... One word: flawless. Mangia!
- 1 cup 240 ml mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon italian seasoning, see ingredients below.
- 3 tablespoons 3 tablespoons dried basil
- 3 tablespoons 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon dried sage
- ¼ teaspoon ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon sea salt (optional)
- Mix mayonnaise and Italian seasoning in a small bowl.
- Set aside for 30 minutes or more to let the flavors develop. Check if it needs additional seasoning.
- Keep refrigerated for up to 4-5 days.
- Thoroughly mix together the spices. Pour into a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- If you use whole seeds, grind in a grinder either in advance or when cooking.
- Keep the spices in a dark, dry and room temperature. Small tin cans are great.
- Make a big batch to last for 4–6 months, after this the spices will lose some flavor and color. They won't go bad but will be less powerful.
Maximize the deliciousness and try our homemade mayo recipe! So easy and scrumptious!